Wednesday 10 August 2011

Whoop! Whoop!

I did it! I finished all the ironing that was in the living room - whooooooop! I even got most of it put away. The ironing board is back in its cupboard and when I've moved the last few things of it, the airer will be following it. I can actually see my bookshelves, which is great news apart from I can also see all the clutter on it. That leads me to my next challenge.......

........Operation bookshelf!

We bought the bookshelf in January. It was a Swedish bargain and the idea was so that Monkey Madam could have the lower shelves for her games and books and the higher shelves would have a few books and nic nacs. That was the plan, however it never got filled properly and then things just got stuck on the shelves so now it is packed full of more 'stuff'. I seem to just fill every available space with anything that is on hand.

I can see at a quick glance that there are piles of things that need selling. Console games and baby clothes to name a couple. The good thing about the shelves is that some of the books and games that are piled up all over the living room floor will be cleared away and now that the toddler is a bit older some of them can be sold or passed on to charity shops as she has outgrown them. I need to be harsh with them.

The bad news is I am a hoarder and I need to change that, I just don't know how to change that mind set of holding on to things 'just in case'. If I find out I will let you all know. I suppose the first step is to stop buying things. If it doesn't come in to the house, it can't become clutter. For my Disorganised life to become Organised, I need to clear out but also to change how I view objects.

Today's task is to start on the bookshelves. I'm not expecting to get them all done but I can certainly get at least the bottom 3 organised, which I'm hoping will have a clearing effect on the hearth, which is piled up with books and games. I also need to get more things advertised. They will only sell if people know that they are available. I just wish people would buy things quicker, I have so many things to get rid of.

Wish me Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment