Monday 8 August 2011

For Sale!

We've had a busy few weeks so blogging was way down my list of things to do but some decluttering has happened, not that it is apparant from the state of the house.

I have managed to sell one of the large pieces of baby furniture that was stopping me moving Monkey Madams bedroom round. Now, that doesn't sound like a huge event but it means that things got moved round a bit and it freed up some space in my living room - finally. I didn't just get used to having space but set my ironing board up as a permanent resident. I decided the ironing was more likely to get done if the board was there taunting me and making me feel guilty for neglecting it. And it worked! Every day I got the iron out and got some clothes sorted and hung but it was only hung on a airer in the room, thereby leading to the next problem, where to put them when the wardrobes were full.

And would you believe it, I spent a bit of time sorting the top half of my wardrobe out, freeing up the space to hang more clothes. I even managed to give a bag of clothes to charity.

So, the house still has so much clutter it drives me mad but little bits are starting to happen and while I am slowly shifting Mount Iron, I am advertising things to sell. Clearing out and earning pocket money in the process is my ideal solution. Advertising locally on Netmums or local boards is the first place to start, they don't have fees and don't normally involve posting but you don't always have a lot of success, so next stage is ebay. As I say, I've managed to sell a few things but I'm finding things to sell, quicker than I can get things sold, so today's new problem, is what to do with things once advertised but not sold? I'm afraid that might be an ongoing problem and I can't see a time when we won't have things that need clearing out and selling.

But before my panic about disappearing in a pile of 'stuff' takes control, I will set myself a small target for tomorrow and that is to finish the ironing that I have in the living room, so that I can take down the ironing board and clothes airer and get even more space in my living room. If and it is a big if, if I manage to get that done, then I have some more things to advertise.

It feels so good to make things happen, so now it is about sell, sell, sell and lets not forget the ironing!

No comments:

Post a Comment